Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Why Friendship is Freaking Magic

Guys, we have something serious to talk about.


Something I feel very strongly about.


Now let me tell you a story.


But this


had never occurred to me. I had heard of bronies, but I thought they were like those annoying kids in high school who wore Dora the Explorer backpacks. I thought they liked it for ironic reasons.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing from my friend. I'd known him for about a year and I never would have guessed.

We finally came to an agreement. I would try My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic if he tried Doctor Who.  This turned out to be the most beneficial agreement I've ever made.

So, here we go, friends.


#1 Quality

All the right pieces are in play. Good animation, good voice acting, good writing.


#2 Depth

These aren't your average tea-party ponies. The characters have character!


#3 Adorable

ALSO I JUST LIKE LOOKING AT THEM



#4 External References

Probably originally put in for the enjoyment of parents half-forced to watch with their children, but now they're also pretty strongly toward the brony community.

References from:

The Big Lebowski
Pokemon
Disney
fan art
and more XD

#5 Nothing Inappropriate will ever, ever happen.

Because it is still also a kid's show :3

Not like in House, where the show was good until all the characters started having sex with each other.